Tuesday 1 November 2016

This is my Anvillus pattern Dreadclaw drop pod, it's a decent sized model and with it's claws it can be placed almost anywhere on the table. It not only lands and disgorges it's payload, it can then fly off and bathe the loyalist scum with a cleansing fire storm- nice! It's also an assault vehicle which means it can fly about and the Gal Vorbak inside can burst forth and do what they do best- kill, maim and burn. I've given the Gal Vorbak a couple of melta guns to knock off a few hull points of vehicles before the power fists charge in and finish them off. I've painted it grey as it's and old vehicle, kept in service after the Legion turned to chaos and changed to red, it also enables me to field it as a loyalist transport that didn't support Lorgar during the Heresy.



 The Gal Vorbak were a pleasure to paint, plenty of detail and recesses to hold the washes. They're bigger than normal marines and with my eye sight getting worse I enjoyed being able to focus on what I was doing.

 Melta gun for a bit of punch at close quarters.


No comments:

Post a Comment